Food Service Aide
The Dietary Aide performs specific tasks in Food Service Department including assisting in keeping the dining and cooking areas clean, sanitary, and running smoothly.
- Sets up/cleans tray carts and dining room
- Cleans and scrapes dishes in preparation for washing and stores dishes after they are dry
- Cleans kitchen areas such as coffee and juice machines, cupboards, refrigerator, dining room tables
- Dishes out salad and desserts
- Assists in food preparation such as making toast, butter bread and preparing fresh fruit and vegetables
- Completes all assignments in regards to daily food preparation i.e. tray assembly positions according to department procedures.
- Prepares and delivers food to resident floors or informs Nursing Services.
- Delivers and retrieves resident trays according to departmental procedure.
- Receives soiled trays, removes soiled dishes and transports cleaned and dried trays and permanent-ware to proper places.
- Prepares heats and delivers late or hold trays. Assists resident with cover, table and food questions.
- Follows all sanitation and Infection Control procedures.
- Masters dish room assignment.
- Readies dishwasher for proper operations by placing all dishes, lids and trays on racks.
- Soak dishes, silverware and cups to remove food particles and stains.
- Discards chipped dishware.
- Masters cleaning and maintenance of disposals and conveyor belt (removes and cleans cord guides).
- Washes hands frequently and prior to returning or starting work. Wears gloves according to policy, removes them, and reapplies them when appropriate.
High School or GED preferred.
Ability to read, write and speak English and follow oral and written instructions.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.