Financial Analyst, Central
The Financial Analyst, Central is responsible for planning, monitoring, and coordinating specific departmental functions, and for compiling and analyzing financial information related to assigned regional areas (i.e. corporate affiliates, physician services, partner companies, management service agreements ('MSA'), partnerships, etc.). Will work closely with Physicians, Administrative Directors, the Legal Department, and the Executive Office on various analyses, projections, annual capital and operating budgets, and reconciliations as appropriate and applicable. Job responsibilities include all financial aspects of Hackensack Meridian Health's (HMH) goals, which also include all operational matters affecting the preparation and reporting of monthly financial statements, budgeting, audit coordination, internal controls compliance, PeopleSoft general ledger build & maintenance, and oversight on outsourced accounting functions.
1. Applies GAAP in carrying out core responsibilities of all assigned duties and special projects.
2. Consistently and timely communicates with applicable HMH departments, outside Accounting Firms, etc. regarding all inquiries. Timely prepares and communicates the results of reconciliations and analyses to all parties involved.
3. Leads meetings held with management of applicable HMH departments and Senior Management. Prepares agendas, PowerPoint presentations, meeting minutes, as needed.
4. Supports and enables the monthly financial close process. Prepares monthly financial statements for each of assigned areas. Compiles financial and statistical information as part of monthly Finance Committee package.
5. Explains monthly and year-to-date variances and fluctuations (actual-to-budget / actual-to-prior year) using statistical, financial, and operational data.
6. Prepares detailed work papers and support for monthly journal entries. Prepares reconciliations of all balance sheet and income statement accounts. Reconciles all intercompany transactions and ensures proper elimination upon consolidation.
7. Properly calculates and records HMH's investment in subsidiaries. Records and reconciles all due to and due from accounts within assigned areas.
8. Reviews month-end financial and statistical reports prepared by outside accountants for accuracy.
9. Assists with budgeting and forecasting for capital and operating expenses.
10. Provide financial analysis support services to other functional areas within HMH.
11. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
12. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
2. Four or more years of progressive experience in accounting, or three years of public accounting.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and application of GAAP.
4. Excellent analytical skills.
5. Must be highly computer literate, including advanced use of Excel.
6. Must be able to establish effective working relationships with Senior Management and Staff at all levels of the organization.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
2. Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.