Environmental Service Supervisor
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Environmental Service Supervisor is responsible for planning, directing, and supervising all housekeeping and laundry services to ensure facility standards are met and staff is in compliance with state/federal guidelines.
A day in the life of an Environmental Service Supervisor at Hackensack Meridian Health's Nursing and Rehab Facilities include:
- Supervise environmental staff to ensure all daily tasks are completed to maintain facility cleanliness and adequate linen service is provided.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure resident services are provided.
- Oversee scheduling of environmental staff.
- Participates in PI audits with staff to ensure facility standards are met.
- Trains new environmental employees and ensures they demonstrate good understanding of facility procedures and policies.
- Participates in interviewing potential employees and disciplines staff as per facility policy.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Three years experience in Healthcare/LC environment doing maintenance work.
- Experience in light plumbing, electrical, HVAC, carpentry, painting, plastering.
- Must be able to work at heights, including ladder and roof.
- Must be able to operate and use all equipment and supplies in a safe and efficient manner consistent with their intended purpose so that equipment, facility property, and/or individuals are not damaged or injured.
- Must use good judgment in the performance or assigned duties and report any conditions that affect workload and/or assigned duties to supervisor.
- Safety oriented.
- Understanding of Federal, State, and local regulations and compliance.
- Must be able to work alternating weekends.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills
- Prior work experience with geriatric and disabled populations.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.