EEG Technician - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The EEG Tech (EEG Tech) performs a vital role in assisting physicians in diagnosing and treating patient conditions. The EEG Tech is responsible for administering inpatient, long term video monitoring, and outpatient EEGs in a safe, timely, accurate and efficient manner. Excellent customer service skills are needed to provide professional and caring services to critically ill and at times difficult patients under stressful circumstances. Other responsibilities may include placing electrodes for video monitoring in the interoperative setting, and providing patient and family education. Come be a part of this vital team in making a difference in the lives of patients every day.
A day in the life of an EEG Tech at Hackensack Meridian Health Includes:
- Performing routine, sleep deprived and pediatric EEG tests when requested by a physician
- Gathering a patient's medical history, explaining testing procedures, and preparing the patient for the procedure
- Monitoring the patient's status and noting any abnormalities
- Reporting their findings to the patient's doctor for further analysis
- Filing and maintaining all EEG recordings and MD interpretations, and sending those interpretations to the ordering healthcare provider
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by the department
- HS Diploma or GED Equivalent is required
- Current and valid BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Registered EEG Tech is preferred
- ABRET Registered Technician (R. EEGT) preferred, or completion of registration within one year of hire date is required
- Nine (9) or more months of EEG clinical experience is preferred
- Intermediate computer experience in word processing, spreadsheets, and email skills
- Intermediate skills using diagnostic equipment and hospital systems
- Ability to work effectively with others in stressful circumstances
- Experience working in a team-oriented environment, as well as acting independently
- Must be willing to work all shifts, days, weekends and take call for EEG on-call rotation and respond/arrive within the departments designated time-frame
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.