How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Prepares and serves all meals and snacks as per facility policies and procedures and state/federal guidelines.
A day in the life of a Cook at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Prepares or directs the preparation of foods as indicated on the menu using standardized recipes based on standard portion sizes.
- Adheres to special diets ordered for residents by their physician.
- Ensures trays are accurate and complete and contain all necessary utensils and condiments.
- Ensures all food is tasty, attractive, garnished and at proper temperature.
- Estimates food service requirements and controls service portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Checks equipment and cooking areas often to make sure they maintain safety and sanitation requirements.
- Completes all required documentation as per facility policy and procedure and state/federal guidelines.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Physical requirements include hand and finger dexterity to manipulate equipment and supplies, frequent walking, standing for long periods to operate equipment, and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to operate and use all equipment and supplies in a safe and efficient manner consistent with their intended purpose so that equipment, facility property, resident clothing, and/or individuals are not damaged or injured.
- Must use good judgment in the performance or assigned duties and report any conditions that affect workload and/or assigned duties to supervisor.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Vocation, technical or on the job training.
- General cooking experience, preferably in a nursing home or hospital.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.