Cook at The Willows in Holmdel
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The role of the Cook is to prepare and direct the preparation of foods as indicated on the menu, while using standardized recipes based on standard portion sizes. The Cook must prepare and serve all meals and snacks as per facility policies, procedures and state/federal guidelines.
A day in the life of a Cook at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Ensures trays are accurate and complete.
- Ensures all food served is tasty, attractive, and garnished.
- Estimates food service requirements and controls service portions, eliminating waste and leftovers.
- Completes all required documentation as per facility policy and procedure, state/federal guidelines.
- Checks equipment and cooking areas often to make sure they maintain safety and sanitation requirements
- HS diploma or equivalent - vocation, technical or on the job training is preferred
- General cooking experience is required
- One (1) or more years of professional experience in a nursing home or hospital is required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.