Clinical Therapist, Crisis
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Therapist II is responsible for planning, organizing and implementing social work services to patients and families, as well as coordinating the discharge plan with the nurse case manager, multidisciplinary team and community agencies as necessary. This position is for a per diem crisis clinician in a very busy Emergency Department. The position will be working with the ED physician and nursing team to provide clinical assessment and disposition for children and adults that present for a crisis evaluation.
Our Clinical Therapists have a unique opportunity to learn and treat the entire spectrum of mental illness in a crisis setting. There is strong clinical collaboration with the Emergency Department physicians and nurses as well as a collaboration with Hackensack Meridian Health's Psychiatry Team. There is an opportunity to network with all community providers of mental health, both inpatient and outpatient.
Our Clinical Therapists demonstrate our culture by living the 4 Cs daily:
- Collaborative – we work with the ED and psychiatric staff to ensure the appropriate level of care for the patient, as well as with our patients' families and outside treatment providers.
- Compassionate – compassion is a requirement in treating the behavioral health patient and their families.
- Courageous – it takes strength and courage to advocate and care for a person in a behavioral health crisis, who at times due to their illness can be aggressive and uncooperative. It also takes strength to advocate for those who are stigmatized by many.
- Creative – we work creatively to ensure that our patients' needs are met, considering the limited resources available to behavioral health patients.
A day in the life of a Clinical Therapist II at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Bio-psychosocial assessment and diagnosis of child, adolescent, adult and older adult patients
- Coordination of care with the Emergency Department team and Psychiatry
- Screening for potential discharge needs in an effort to facilitate timely discharge plans
- Performing Initial Case Management Assessment
- Evaluating data gathered for the medical plan of treatment and social service programs
- Performing multidisciplinary rounds
- Reassessing of all patients receiving case management services
- Performing Patient Education
- Maximizing coordination of care
- Counseling Assistance
- Documenting and communicating to coordinate and maximize care
- Reporting data
- Participating in Meetings and Committees
- Current and valid LSW, LCSW, LAC or LPC in the State of New Jersey is required
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Mental Health Counseling is required
- Two (2) years of experience in an acute care setting is preferred
- BLS/CPR by American Heart Association is preferred
- Certified Case Manager is desirable
- Computer skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.