Clinical Advocate - Sleep Center - F/T Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Advocate / Nurse Navigator provides oversight of sleep services navigation including education of physicians, nursing and patients and order procurement along with marketing and promotion of services to physician practices and general community outreach.
A day in the life of a Clinical Advocate / Nurse Navigator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Providing education to patients at risk for Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Ensuring at risk patients receive the follow up care needed to reduce sleep-related disorders
- Reviewing SOARIAN system daily for triggers for patients at risk for sleep disorders
- Screening the patients for the necessity of above mentioned services
- Education of patients regarding sleep disorders
- Educating nursing staff about the necessity of above mentioned services
- Contacting physicians, obtain prescription orders for sleep services as needed
- Marketing to physician offices and businesses for possible sleep referrals
- Working in tandem with Community Outreach department for community outreach for sleep services
- Responsible for increasing volume of sleep centers
- Current and valid New Jersey Registered Nursing License is required
- BSN is preferred
- Three (3) or more years of experience in med-surg, neuro services or critical care nursing is preferred
- CPR/BLS Certification by American Heart Association is required
- Experience with Soarian is a plus
- Marketing background is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.