Clin Coord Infection Control
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Clinical Coordinator Infection Control assists with implementing an Infection Control and Epidemiology program for the Medical Center in accordance with accepted medical practice, federal, state, and local regulations, and accrediting organizations. The primary focus of the program is to prevent nosocomial infections through surveillance, recommendation of preventive measures, and education of personnel, medical staff, students, and patients.
A day in the life of a Clinical Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Performing surveillance of the hospital population for infection
- Developing and implementing educational programs
- Maintaining professional relationships with all departments
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge for the practice of infection control
- Collection of National Surveillance Compliance data
- Managing within the established infection control standards and management protocols
- Presenting at new hire orientation
- Facilitating problem identification and interventions
- Performing analysis of Infection Control Data
- Current and valid Nursing License in the State of New Jersey
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Microbiology, Epidemiology or a Healthcare related field is required
- Master’s degree is preferred
- Previous Infection Control experience is a real plus
- Certified Infection Control practitioner OR must complete CIC Certification within two (2) years of hire
- Two (2) years of acute care nursing experience is preferred
- Research experience in Infection Control and epidemiology or public health is a plus
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.