Care Coordinator Sw Cl Ii
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Care Coordinator Social Worker collaborates with members of the healthcare team to facilitate the progression of the patient's treatment and discharge plan. The Care Coordinator assists the Utilization Coordinator with utilization activities and referral services. This position incorporates assessment, care coordination and education of the patient/caregiver/healthcare team to reach appropriate goals from hospitalization and post-hospitalization care.
A day in the life of a Care Coordinator Social Worker at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Assessing/considering the patient's cultural and religious practices, emotional barriers, desire and motivation to learn, physical and cognitive limitations and language barriers
- Documenting findings on the Social Worker assessment form
- Developing a discharge plan, in collaboration with the patient/family and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient
- Consulting/conferring with physicians and medical center staff regarding the patient's medical situation, his/her psychological adjustment to illness/disability and/or continuing care needs
- Making appropriate referrals to DYFS, Adult Protective Services, and other agencies as necessary
- Assisting with transfer or discharge of patient to another level of care or setting based on patient's assessed needs and hospital's capacity to provide care
- Notifying supervisor/manager, in a timely manner, of difficult discharge placement concerns
- Collaborating with Risk Management and legal staff on guardianship/other legal issues to prevent discharge delays
- Documenting and communicating information to Multidisciplinary Team in order to coordinate and maximize care
- Documenting medical records according to Department and Hospital Standards
- Accurately completing all transfer and discharge summary form
- Current and valid LSW or LCSW in the State of New Jersey is required
- A Master of Science Social Work is required
- One (2) or more years of experience in an acute hospital setting
- Care Management experience is preferred
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.