How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
An Admissions Assistant provides assistance to the Admission Director in maximizing facility's census through interaction with referral sources; meet, greet and tour families of potential residents; completes admission paperwork and sign in; inputs information into computer. The schedule for this role is Tuesday through Saturday.
A day in the life of an Admissions Assistant at Hackensack Meridian Health can be described as follows:
- Acts as a liaison between the facility and community referral sources.
- Maintains professional relationships with discharge planners, social workers and agencies.
- Assists in procuring all necessary financial, family, and medical/physco-social information to assess appropriateness of admission.
- Accurately gathers all information for inclusion into the patient's admission file in a timely manner and provides Director of Nursing all information for immediate review.
- Provides information and a facility tour to applicant and/or family assuring a clear understanding of their rights and responsibilities.
- Explains facility admission protocol and provides admission packets.
- Assists Director of Admissions/Marketing in completing all required explanations, documentation, consent of authorizations and communications relative to admissions.
- Obtains authorizations necessary for payment and maintains copies of health care policy cards for resident.
- Assists in appropriate room selection and readiness.
- Provides phone support and assists with clerical duties and data entry.
- Assists in maintaining the Admission/Discharge register.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Three years supporting department functions/admitting processes
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Office
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.