Rehabilitation Aide - Per Diem
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Rehabilitation Aide, under the direction and immediate supervision of therapists, assists in patient care related activities and performs routine department clerical tasks such as answering telephones, scheduling appointments and maintaining inventory.
A day in the life of a Rehabilitation Aide at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
1. Models and maintains a safe environment in which to deliver services.
2. Assists patients in performing activities of daily living using proper body mechanics.
3. Cleans and disinfects equipment as per policy.
4. Maintains all supplies and equipment, including tracking inventory and ordering supplies and/or notifying appropriate staff to order supplies.
5. Monitors patients with established exercise programs and ambulates patients safely under the supervision of a professional.
6. Distributes linen, hot and cold packs, and supplies, handles laundry, puts away equipment after use and performs clearing and maintenance of equipment. Wheelchairs, weights, mats, and tables are cleaned between uses. Whirlpools are prepared and cleaned as directed by the therapist.
7. Transports patients into the appropriate treatment areas in an orderly and timely fashion.
8. Notifies supervisor of any unsafe conditions and handles emergency situation in an appropriate manner.
9. Assists therapists to ensure efficiency of department, especially during high patient volume.
10. Provides clerical/front desk support as needed assisting with answering phones, relaying messages, greeting patients, copying, filing and maintaining charts and scheduling or patient appointments.
11. Develops a rapport and mutual respect with patients and team members fostering an optimum environment for goal achievement.
12. Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
13. Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
2. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
3. Proficient computer skills that include but are not limited to Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite platforms.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. BLS Certification within 30 days of hire
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.