Licensed Practical Nurse- Pediatric (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The primary role of the LPN is to provide clinical support, under the direction of the clinical supervisors and/or RN professional to ensure smooth patient flow and physician and patient satisfaction. Serves as a liaison between the patients and the provider. Administers medications and treatments as per RN orders and completes all assigned tasks.
A day in the life of an LPN at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Demonstrates knowledge and competency in completing assigned treatments and procedures according to established standards and policies. Follows plan of care as directed by the RN and/or clinical supervisors. Examples may include but are not limited to: a. Complies with appropriate physician orders. b. Observes, reports and assists in meeting patient needs as per plan of care. c. Records vital signs, intake and output other related responsibilities. d. Supports/reinforces patient teaching and discharge planning. e. Assists patients with personal hygiene, nutrition and daily activities. f. Appropriately utilizes and cares for technical equipment and supplies. g. Assists physicians with medical treatments, exams and surgical procedures appropriate to the unit.
- Reports timely and accurate changes in the patient's condition, including a change in vital signs and/or blood sugars. Turns in assignment sheet for evaluation.
- Adapts work schedule to meet the needs of the unit. Ensures adequate staffing needs are met through willingness to float.
- Appropriately participates in emergent situations. Assists with and reassures patients and families.
- Assignments are accurately completed with appropriate supervisory counseling.
- Completes patient related activities within scheduled time periods.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychosocial, education, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the patients served in assigned service area.
- Appropriately completes data collection, plan of care and intervention of patient care. Utilizes data information systems appropriately.
- Clinical practice accurately reflects Code of Ethics, Board of Nursing and the New Jersey Department of Health regulations, JCAHO and institutional policies and procedures and promotes professional ethics/standards.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs required.
- A strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers.
- Dedication to ongoing education.
- The ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- EPIC experience preferred
- Experience with surgical or oncology patients preferred
- NJ Licensed Practical Nurse required.
- Current and valid BLS/CPR Certification by American Heart Association required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.