How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Reconciliation Analyst supports the Meridian Medical Group (MMG) Physician Services at Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) through the analysis of daily reconciliation of deposits from MMG physician offices, as well as monthly reconciliation and summarization of all time of service and third party payments to identify and resolve variances. Educates staff in MMG practices on protocols for daily reconciliation of cash and monitors compliance with those protocols. Compiles monthly book to bank report and analyze variances. This role is internally active and requires the analyst to work closely with external billing staff, Finance, and other MMG Departments.
A day in the life of a Reconciliation Analyst at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Analyzes and explains variances between daily deposits of payment at time of service and monitor MMG practices; ensures variances are resolved.
- Analyzes MMG medical offices' daily cash output via batch reports and deposit reports to assure the reports are accurate and timely.
- Educates MMG medical office staff on protocols associated with cash reconciliation and monitors practices to assure compliance with protocols.
- Researches and verifies validity of daily credit card chargebacks.
- Researches and analyzes all unidentified discrepancies on the deposit slips, deposit logs, and system generated batch reports and monitors resolution of variances.
- Researches and validates misallocated patient payments and communicates discrepancies to billing vendor and or office staff.
- Prepares monthly bank reconciliation for MMG medical practices; analyze and research variances and prepare report summarizing findings.
- Drafts policies and procedures related to the cash reconciliation process.
- Trains, assists, reviews and provides back-up support to MMG practice staff for all aspects of cash management and promotes continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure that the established functional standard of productivity is met. Review staff performance in relationship to the standard established. Responsible for identifying underperforming areas. Assist management in implementing corrective actions on underperforming areas. Ensure the internal control in place is being followed.
- Responsible for timely communication to management of progress, problems, solutions or any significant factor affecting the cash reconciliation.
- Ensures that the request for information from Billing, Follow-Up, Collection, Customer Service, Cashier's, Reconciliation, Administration and other areas are carried out timely. Maintain helpful and supportive relationships with each other and staff within Finance and other departments to resolve issues by their own effort whenever feasible.
- Monthly reporting and reconciliation of cash received and cash posted with finance department.
- Assists with other duties and/or operational projects as needed.
- Adheres to HMH's Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 2 years accounting experience with emphasis on reconciliation functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.