Unit Services Representative - Medicine - Diabetic - Part Time Evenings
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Unit Services Representative acts as a `welcome ambassador' to facilitate and maintain positive guest relations with our patients, family members, visitors and physicians by welcoming and explaining hospital and unit policies and procedures, and addressing problems and concerns. The Representative also performs clerical support for the unit and Nurse Manager.
- Facilitates the flow of communication from patient, family member and/or visitor to hospital staff to maintain good working relationships essential to the accomplishment of assigned duties and enhanced delivery of health care.
- Answers telephone in a courteous and professional manner.
- Maintains supply levels, tracks and maintains equipment and orders replacements in a timely manner.
- Assists patients and families with any non-clinical questions, concerns and / or personal needs they may have (i.e. belongings, delays, support departments, etc.).
- Provides clerical support in completing Advance Directives including documentation, informing the physician and collaborating with Consumer Affairs.
- Creates awareness of patient satisfaction on the unit by accessing and printing unit data, comments and individual surveys, and managing public displays with this information, i.e. communication boards.
- Orients the patient to the unit and room and reviews the welcome handbook and what to expect including instructions for the television, the telephone, meal ordering, visiting policy, parking, discharge options and other non-clinical needs.
- Acts as a service recovery champion by maintaining the materials and tracking requirements.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Possess strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented in order to facilitate information, multiple tasks, and accurate completion of all required procedures.
- To work every other weekend.
- To work three (3) out of six (6) holidays.
- To work rotating schedule/shifts based on needs.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 2 years experience in front desk, reception or customer service role
- Proficiency in a second language.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.