Unit Clerk II - Electronic Birth Cert Clerks - Per Diem days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Unit Clerk II functions as a Birth Certificate Registrar and serves as support person to the Unit Clerks. He/she assures that the completion of all birth certificates is done timely and accurately and newborn information is submitted to the state in accordance with state guidelines. Provides clerical support for a specific patient population under the direction of the nurse manager or designee. Assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
Essential Generic Job Functions :
- Obtains state-required birth registration information for every live birth by interviewing the baby`s mother/parents and reviewing the baby and mothers` medical records.
- Responsible for completing and processing all Birth Certificates as well as electronically submit to the Bureau of Vital Statistics.
- Updates infant names in the EPIC system.
- Initiates, maintains and coordinates information for the patient’s record in attendance with established policies and procedures.
- Monitors inventory, order supplies and equipment and procures all items needed using established channels.
- Enters orders, schedules procedures, admission/discharge/transfer functions and patient charge entry.
- Assists patient transportation to and from the unit/department.
- Acts in the role of patient sitter when needed.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 50 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
Knowledge, Education and Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of State Laws regarding completion of birth certificates.
- Strong computer, organization, and communication skills.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.