How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Ultrasound Technologist is responsible for performing a variety of specialized technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to assist medical and professional personnel in detecting anatomical abnormalities.
***This is an evening shift position.
1. Performs procedures according to departmental format, completing exam in allotted time.
2. Performs required daily clerical duties, which include the use EPIC, Teletracking System, computer system, patient scheduling, and other computer systems as added by Medical Center.
3. Performs portable ultrasound exams.
4. Performs a variety of complex technical tasks in Diagnostic Ultrasound utilizing high frequency sound waves to detect anatomical abnormalities including masses, abscesses, and stones in accordance with prescribed sonographic procedures. Assist physician with biopsy deep abdominal studies and color-flow ultrasound as required.
5. Determines, prepares, and set up medical supplies, instruments, and equipment.
6. Prepares patients for diagnostic procedures, explain procedures, measures and position patients for each anatomical view.
7. Evaluates technical quality of images. Obtains and process images of pathogenic conditions in accordance with standard procedures or techniques.
8. Maintains records of ultrasound taken, archiving and de-archiving data as required. Calculates, compiles, and records data from numerical readings on patient's charts and related documents.
9. Calibrates, cleans, and performs routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning. Cleans and sterilize instruments, supplies, and equipment. Stocks and replenish supplies as required.
10. Provides technical assistance and instruction to students, employees, and medical residents.
11. Greets in/out patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
12. Responsible for scheduled shifts including holidays and weekends.
13. Overtime as needed to provide continual quality patients care.
14. On call assignments as needed per Department of Radiology policy.
15. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
16. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and /or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
17. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an approved Ultrasound School.
2. R.D.M.S. registered.
3. 2 years training in Allied Health/College.
4. Knowledge of all ultrasound equipment, their function, and operation of each control.
5. Understanding of equipment and computer systems as well as the procedures for equipment service.
6. Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy and physiology.
7. Knowledge of safety, infection, and disaster policy and procedures, including implementation of patient care in cases of an emergency situation.
8. Maintains CEU Credits.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. 1 year of clinical experience in ultrasound.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer Certification.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.