How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Transportation Aide is responsible for transporting patients and/or specimens upon request.
A day in the life of a Transportation Aide at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Transports patients by the use of wheelchairs and with stretcher transports.
2. Transports specimens to the laboratory, and delivers blood and blood products in a timely manner.
3. Picks up slides for physicians to review from laboratory as requested.
4. Obtains supplies from central supply as requested.
5. Participates/uses the automated systems in a timely and accurate manner to assist with patient throughput.
6. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
7. Assists with environmental duties in departments or units including pick up and disposal of recycling/trash receptacles; also linen removal from laundry bins to proper disposal area such as chutes for collection as requested.
8. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) strongly preferred.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Heavy pulling, pushing and lifting are required (50lbs or more).
- Good communication and Customer Service skills required.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, alternating weekends and holidays.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient needs, a strong sense of accountability for improving the lives of our patients and their caregivers, an exceptional focus on teamwork, dedication to ongoing education and the ability and passion to deliver the highest quality of care based on a strong sense of patient focus are all required.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.