How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Teacher's Assistant is responsible for assisting the Lead Teacher with all of the responsibilities listed.
1. Assist in creating a safe environment where children can play and learn.
2. Provides for the safety and tracking of children.
3. Maintaining a safe, healthy, clean and organized classroom environment.
4. Assists in planning and implementing developmentally appropriate activities.
5. Communicating appropriately and professionally with parents and fellow staff.
6. Participation in mandatory staff meetings and completes annual training requirements.
7. Fostering of teamwork.
8. Use of assessment tools.
9. Commitment to continuing education.
10. Supports both CCLC and HUMC policies, procedures and standards.
11. Interacting with the children to support play, exploration and learning.
12. Cultivate positive relationships with families, team members, and community contacts.
13. Identifies the needs of the population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
14. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Minimum of 1 year of experience working with children in a group care setting.
3. Must be able to use a computer with basic proficiency.
4. Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing with students, staff, administrators and community
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Minimum of 2 years of experience working with children in a group care setting.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.