System Project Lead
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join the HMH team as we recently rolled out Epic throughout our network and are looking for top talent to support this implementation.
Responsible for evaluating, planning, and coordinating system build projects for Epic applications including and not limited to Ambulatory, MyChart, Prelude, Cadence and Professional Billing. Uses proven methodologies, including needs analysis, to design and develop, implement and evaluate system build for new implementations and optimization of existing workflows. Responsible for identifying, resolving and improving system deficiencies that impact revenue cycle operations. Project lead will work closely with IT team to ensure system build is functioning as intended. Project lead will work closely with training team to assist designing and implementing training programs for providers and practice staff to be utilized for Epic ambulatory EMR and professional revenue cycle modules.
HMH IT department has received many accolades from recognized organizations; including Most Wired and Fortune. Come join our winning IT team that was ranked as #1“Best Hospital IT Department” for the past two years by Health IT News.
A day in the life of a System Project Lead at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assist completing discovery for new implementations and coordinating build details with all involved teams.
- Analyzes root causes of Epic ambulatory and revenue cycle related issues and recommends system enhancements; coordinates and participates in testing of related enhancements and other related Epic workflow changes/implementations.
- Track and monitor performance of all Epic ambulatory and revenue cycle functions related to physician practices to analyze system build/update requirements and initiate related projects.
- Investigate all system update requests by working closely with appropriate teams reporting the issues or requesting new build to outline the build details for the applicable IT teams.
- Possess high level Epic system knowledge to evaluate the build details and provide comprehensive report for updates.
- Assist IT team reviewing and finalizing system testing for implementations.
- Review Epic upgrades to ensure any potential issues to current workflows are evaluated and addressed appropriately.
- Coordinate all applicable requests with compliance team to ensure regulatory and coding guidelines are reviewed and accounted in system build/update requests.
- Coordinate with training teams to design and implement training material and maintain current training materials related to physician practice operations and revenue cycle including but not limited to: ambulatory EMR, MyChart, scheduling, registration, charge entry and insurance verification.
- Provide support in the development and implementation of ambulatory and revenue cycle policies and procedures related to system workflows.
- Establishes procedures to resolve complex issues and questions not covered in standard policy and procedure manual and assist teams developing steps to resolve complaints and complex calls.
- Assist with quality control review of processes and daily monitoring of status of backlogs.
- Present workflow updates to staff involved in the physician revenue cycle.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate reference materials to support staff involved in the physician practices for system updates/workflows.
- Conduct periodic assessments of the practice based revenue cycle activities to assure that revenue cycle operations in the practices are applied in accordance with established workflows and policies.
- Assists in developing quality metrics in system to measure/assess key revenue cycle functions.
- Demonstrate exceptional project management skills to complete all projects with utmost accuracy in timely manner.
- Completes assigned projects according to the published work plan and within time and cost estimates.
- Reports project status information to the HMMG Leadership and other project requester's on a timely basis. Communicate anticipated deviations from project estimates in a timely manner.
- Follows established change control practices and procedures. Provide off-hours support for critical problem resolution.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 2 or more years of experience as Epic IT Project lead in healthcare organization.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to motivate personnel.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and disciplines.
- Ability to facilitate a congenial and professional working relationship with internal and external vendors, internal and external customers, peers and superiors.
- Ability to communicate needs and concerns in a positive, constructive and professional manner.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to travel off-site.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Minimum of three to five years of experience working with billing information systems with knowledge of professional billing rules.
Licenses & Certifications Required:
- Epic Prelude/Cadence or Epic Resolute Professional Billing or EpicCare Ambulatory EMR or successful completion of pertinent certificate required within six months of start date.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.