SW Care Coordinator LSW/MSW
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Social Worker Care Coordinator is a member of the healthcare team and is responsible for coordinating, communicating and facilitating the clinical progression of the patient's treatment and discharge plan. Accountable for a designated patient caseload. The social work care coordinators assesses, plans, and facilitates, with patients/families and healthcare professionals involved in the patients care to meet treatment goals, expected length of stay, and arrange for the appropriate next level of care. Oversees Inter facility transitions and hand-off between acute & post-acute services. Follows State of New Jersey regulation for Social Work.
The social work department services medical and behavioral patients. The social workers are cross trained to be able to cover any area in social work. They have the opportunity to care for varied patient populations including pediatrics, adults, ICU, neonate, oncology, behavioral, etc. They are extremely collaborative in their work.
A day in the life of a Social Worker Care Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Patient screening, conducting care coordination discharge planning assessment and reassessment and documenting in the medical record
- Participating/coordinating multidisciplinary rounds working with the healthcare team to collaboratively formulate appropriate and realistic discharge plans
- Maintaining current information on community resources and refers patients to those community resources which will enhance patient's life
- Consulting with other community agencies and committees to identify potential resources for resolving patient's health, psychosocial or financial problems
- Coordinating transfer or discharge of patient to another level of care or setting based on patient's assessed needs and hospital's capacity to provide care
- Collaborating with risk management and legal staff on guardianship/other legal issues to prevent discharge delays
- Communicating with insurance representatives to enable financial coverage of post-acute services
- Providing counseling as requested by patient/physician and referrals for counseling to community agencies for long term treatment
- Developing a discharge plan in collaboration with patient/family and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient
- Making appropriate referrals to DYFS, Adult Protective Services and other agencies as necessary
- Current and valid LSW in the State of New Jersey is required
- Master's of Social Work is required
- Two (2) or more years of experience as a social worker in a healthcare setting is preferred
- Certified Case Manager (CCM) or Accredited Case Manager (ACM) is preferred
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.