Surgical Technologist I
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Surgical Tech I is responsible for cleaning and handling instruments following standard policies while maintaining updated records.
A day in the life of a Surgical Tech I at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Follows policy in standardization of set-ups and utilization of surgeon preference and assumes responsibility for the care and proper handling of instruments by neatly organizing all instrumentation before returning to decontamination room and returning all clean supplies to designated areas.
- Maintains count of sponges, needles, instruments and administrates and labels medications all accordingly to established policy.
- Handles specimens according to O.R. Policy and Procedures.
- Controls contamination and provides for decontamination, disinfections, sterilization and sanitation of instruments and equipment.
- Removes used equipment and properly disposes of contaminated needles and syringes at end of procedures.
- Participates in team conference to plan care and evaluates effectiveness of patient care and assists circulator in revising plan of care.
- Maintains ST skills proficiency checklist up to date by checking off equipment and cases, circulating or scrub when rotated through specialty areas.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an accredited Surgical Technologist Program or appropriate training program.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Certified Surgical Technologist.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.