Support Specialist, Pathology- PT- Night
Come join our Amazing team here at Hackensack Meridian Health! We offer EXCELLENT benefits, Scheduling Flexibility, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and much more including a Generous sign on bonus!!!
The Support Specialist, Pathology registers specimens into the SMS system, performs a variety of clerical duties relating to patient specimens, and answers inquiries regarding the status of patient results.
- Separates and accessions traumas and other stat specimens from non-stats quickly and efficiently and free of error.
- Accurately ensures that all outreach, out-patient and in-house specimens are received under the proper conditions, i.e., temperature, tube type, labeling requirements, etc.
- Ensures that all tests corresponding to a specimen are logged in accurately and that computer labels are placed on specimens accurately.
- Possess a working knowledge of downtime procedures for the computer and pneumatic tube systems and follows procedures appropriately.
- Documents any issues pertaining to the registration/ordering process and informs the appropriate unit, physician's office, or outreach area for follow up.
- Registers specimens, utilizing appropriate tools available to perform this function accurately and free of error.
- Checks PIDX accurately to prevent duplicate medical record numbers, determines guarantor, and primary, secondary and/or tertiary insurance.
- Transcribes all insurance information using smart ID and utilizing diagnosis codes appropriately.
- Differentiates methods of registrations for various out-patient types, ie, RGE, SPE, LOP etc.
- Possesses a thorough working knowledge of both the laboratory and hospital computer systems and is able to perform all system functions necessary as it relates to results reporting and record keeping.
- Orders, receives, identifies, labels, centrifuges and distributes specimens to appropriate areas for testing accurately and free of errors.
- Screens incoming calls and provides information to appropriate medical personnel as needed.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent or equivalent.
- Some computer experience.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Knowledge of medical terminology
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- 1 year of related work experience.
- Knowledge of Epic Registration and Beaker a plus.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.