Supervisor, Registered Respiratory Therapist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Sign on bonus available!!
A day in the Life of a Supervisor, Respiratory Care at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- To supervise, organize, and coordinate the clinical and technical aspects of all Respiratory services rendered on the shift to insure the delivery of quality therapeutic services. Also, to assure that all policies and procedures are followed as set forth by the Medical Center and Department Policy and Procedure Manuals.
- Provide clinical and technical supervision and expertise to staff members on each shift.
- Regularly reviews all staff performance via daily auditing and/or daily rounding to assure adherence to department policies and procedures.
- Counsels staff members, administers and documents appropriate disciplinary actions or coaching opportunities when policy and procedures are not followed.
- Coordinates yearly competencies with the department Educator along with department to ensure timely completion before the given deadline.Performs therapeutic procedures consistent with the duties and responsibilities of Respiratory Therapist: as necessary or when requested to all ages of the patient population including: Infant-birth to 11 mo., Children 1 yr. to 12 yrs., Adolescence 13 yrs. to 17 yrs., Adults 18 yrs. to 64 yrs., Geriatrics 65 yrs.
- Assures that all equipment not in use is returned to the department and is cleaned and processed according to department protocol.
- Coordinates the activities of the staff to ensure the prompt delivery of quality patient care.
- Completes employee evaluations annually according to the HackensackUMC performance management process.
- Provides employees with the opportunity for a mid-year coaching session.
- Competent in changing the nitrous oxide, oxygen, and nitrogen manifolds.
- Assures the manifold systems throughout the hospital are checked once every 8 hour shift, and changed when necessary.
- Ensures adequate coverage for all patient care areas and distributes patient care responsibilities to staff according to patient acuity.
- Performs Service Recovery to ensure patient/customer satisfaction when necessary.
- Participates in a rotational supervisory on-call system to assure adequate staffing and departmental functioning.
- Daily monitoring of end of shift report to ensure a quality patient report and to eliminate incidental overtime.
- Assists the Manager of Respiratory Care in assuring clinical compliance with national and local fire, safety, state, and JCAHO standards relating to the department by a periodic review of procedures and practices.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medial Center's Organizational and Managerial Competencies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Working Conditions: Requires the ability to lift small cylinders weighing approximately 20 lbs., and unfasten regulator.
- Also requires the ability to roll T size cylinders weighing approximately 165 lbs., a distance of 15 ft., and remove and replace the regulator fittings.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Associates degree in Applied Sciences
- Graduate of an AMA accredited Respiratory Care program
- Minimum of 5 years as a staff therapist
- 2 - 5 years supervisor or manager experience
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Bachelors or Masters degree from an accredited university
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist.
- AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.