Supervisor Patient Services
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Sup, Patient Services is responsible for supervision of all diet aides in the Pavilion and Women and Children's kitchens. Delegates tasks to the aides in assigned areas, including training, coaching, and evaluating. Ensures that uniform and grooming standards are enforced. Contributes to implementation of patient menu / service improvements
A day in the life of a Sup, Patient Service at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Performs the biweekly scheduling including the vacation planning and distribution of holidays and personal days and ensures proper coverage.
2. Maintains daily assignment schedule and reassigns staff as necessary according to ability. Trains and ensures fair work distribution, and makes sure all staff is cross trained to attain job satisfaction and growth.
3. Maintains standards for sanitation and safety.
4. Reports mechanical deficiencies to the Operations Manager. Places work orders as needed. .
5. Takes responsibility in conjunction with the sous chef that the food has the proper presentation, portioning, taste, dietary compliance and consistency.
6. Maintains temperature of freezers, refrigerators, and dishwashing machines to ensure food and patient safety in conjunction with Sous Chef.
7. Holds daily communication meetings to keep the staff well informed al all activities important to our department within the campus.
8. Checks random patient trays for accuracy, to patient diet, and menu order so nothing are forgotten, to increase patient satisfaction or as requested.
9. Oversees and makes sure that the tray line starts on time and all tickets are completed.
10. Assures that all personnel follow established procedures for presentation.
11. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Associate's degree in food management or equivalent; or high school diploma and 10 years supervisory experience from a hospital or similar food service environment; or other A.A.S. degree with 5 years supervisory experience from a hospital or similar food service environment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associate's degree in food management preferred.
2. Bachelor's degree in food management or equivalent strongly preferred.
3. Proficiency in computer skills.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Food Safety and Sanitation Certification or ServSafe Certification or Certified Food Safety Manager.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.