Supervisor, MRI Section Head
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Sup, MRI Section Head is responsible for the daily operation of the MRI Department and its technical services.
1. Supervises, as well as performs all MRI procedures to the highest diagnostic quality and accuracy.
2. Oversees staff training to maintain the highest quality diagnostic images.
3. Assures proper operating performance of all equipment, as well as being knowledgeable of MRI equipment, their function, and operation of each control.
4. Communicates with nursing services and physicians to obtain pertinent clinical information of MRI patients.
5. Ensures the availability of necessary supplies to maintain efficient department functionality.
6. Performs procedures according to departmental format, completing exam in allotted time. Films should have proper patient identification.
7. Performs daily clerical duties, which includes the use of EPIC, Teletracking System, computer systems, patient scheduling, and any other updated program added by the hospital.
8. Prepares Kronos, staff schedules, on-call coverage sheets, and overtime approval forms.
9. Evaluates and recommends equipment, including capital equipment.
10. Performs and teaches the staff technologists how to screen and administer IV contrast.
11. Schedules monthly departmental meetings and monthly departmental in-services utilizing staff and outside companies.
12. Responsible at all time for maintaining MRI Safety Zones.
13. Greets in/out patients when they arrive for their exam utilizing A.I.D.E.T. standards.
14. Assists Special Imaging Manager in preparation of budget.
15. Prepares Kronos, all staff scheduling, on-call coverage sheets, and overtime approval forms.
16. Performs all tasks as required by MRI Technologist demonstrating the knowledge and skill to provide patient care.
17. Adheres to the policies of Employee ID, Standards of Behavior, Attendance, and Punctuality.
18. Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
19. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Graduate of an approved school of radiology.
2. 3 years of formal training in MRI with ARRT registry or eligible.
3. 3 years clinical experience in MRI environment.
4. Ability to operate the unit with precision, producing images and able to recognize diagnostic patterns.
5. Knowledge of cross-section anatomy and physiology.
6. Thorough knowledge of PACS system.
7. Complete knowledge of EPIC, computer system, and any system the hospital adds.
8. Knowledge of safety, infection, and disaster policy and procedures, including implementation of patient care in case of an emergency situation.
9. Must be able to perform CPR.
10. ARRT Registry.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Supervisor experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Diagnostic Radiography License.
2. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.