Sup, Plant Ops, Electrical
Supervises the personnel assigned to the trade specific Electrical shop, manages their activities and assures necessary resources are provided to insure that the systems and building elements are dealt with either through Preventive Maintenance, routine maintenance, repair or replacement as appropriate with the ultimate goal of insuring an uninterrupted operation of the medical center.
1. Supervise the activities of Team Members that are engaged in general repair and maintenance of mechanical systems and the other infrastructure elements that support these systems.
2. Supervise shop operations on 1st shift including weekends and insures response to emergency operations as required. Daily provides information to Evening/Night Supervisor or Global Team Member on carry-over items or other issues needing attention on 2nd and 3rd shifts.
3. Must have a thorough knowledge and understanding of all building mechanical systems and major components related to their trade specific area of concern.
4. Provides assistance to the other Section Supervisors when required to insure sufficient manpower to complete necessary operations.
5. Utilizes hospital network computer to assign and track work assignments.
6. Schedules preventive maintenance, corrective maintenance and repairs, and monitors these activities on a daily basis to ensure monthly compliance with established annual goal.
7. Annually reviews the elements of the Preventive Maintenance program and makes adjustments based on changing conditions and equipment.
8. Receives and reviews and approves all trade related invoices as well as Service Reports from service companies and follows up on apparent discrepancies.
9. Insures an appropriate amount of repair parts and general supplies are maintained.
10. Places orders for repair parts, general supplies, replacement equipment, etc.
11. Knowledgeable of requirements for service contracts and participates in process for renewal of existing or establishment of new contracts.
12. Monitors and insures maintenance of documentation of systems and equipment to assure compliance with all regulatory agencies.
13. Annually and on an ongoing basis, evaluates performance of Team Members and provides guidance and counseling to aid in performance improvement. As appropriate and when required takes necessary disciplinary action up to and including recommendation for termination, in accordance with hospital policies.
14. Participates in the hiring/transfer process through review and evaluation of applications and the interview process and makes recommendations on appropriate candidate.
15. Participates in the review of internal projects and recommends appropriate trade involvement.
16. Assesses the need for use of overtime and seeks approval as needed. Reviews the effects of overtime usage against established benchmarking target. 17. Schedules and assigns staff to insure appropriate coverage across all shifts, including weekend, holiday, vacation and sick-time coverage in accordance with hospital and departmental policies.
18. Routinely monitors attendance of personnel to insure compliance with hospital policies.
19. Maintains job competency by attending educational and informational training seminars and sessions relative to Sectional trade systems and equipment or other subjects appropriate to the job being held.
20. Identifies training needs for staff and provides for training, either through in-house or external means, to address these needs. At a minimum consideration must be given to insure that in-services are provided for all new equipment and systems that are installed and that appropriate education is provided for new staff members so they are current on all equipment.
21. Interacts with other hospital departmental managers and assists to coordinate activities as needed.
a. Annually assists in the development of a Section Operational Budget that provides sufficient financial and personnel resources to maintain the facility in an appropriate manner. Presents the budget to the Director of General Maintenance for inclusion in the overall Department Operational Budget.
b. Annually assists in the development of a Section Capital Budget that provides for replacement and updating of worn and outdated facility components and the addition of new components that are required to stay current with industry standards. Present the Section budget to the Director of General Maintenance for inclusion in the overall Department Capital Budget
c. Controls and monitors section expenditures through monthly reviews of Financial Responsibility Report.
d. Routinely monitors and reviews overall scheduling in section and insures that payroll records are current, accurate and approved within established guidelines.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Maintains library of reference material applicable to the hospital systems and equipment that the Team Members are responsible for maintaining.
2. Maintains familiarity with appropriate codes and standards
3. When necessary, performs duties of Section Trade.
4. Performs other duties as assigned by Director of General Maintenance or Designee.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High School diploma or Vocational School graduate.
2. Minimum 5 to 7 years in trade specific maintenance experience with 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Hospital or institutional experience preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. NJ Electrical License.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.