Sup, Environmental Services
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Supervisor of Environmental Services will plan, direct, and supervise all housekeeping and Laundry services to ensure facility standards are met and staff is in compliance with state/federal guidelines and follow facility policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Supervisor of Environmental Services at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
- Reviews daily staffing to ensure adequate coverage for all areas of responsibility.
- Accesses the Teletracking (bed tracking) system to prepare for the assignment and distribution of pagers; logs onto the Teletracking system at specific times to obtain updates.
- The a.m. supervisor reviews special events board and assigns event set ups.
- Conducts environmental rounds in areas of responsibility, paying particular attention to restrooms and corridors; ensures that there is full compliance with standards of cleanliness and that needed equipment and supplies are available.
- Conducts random inspections, documenting a minimum of seven per day.
- Coaches staff based on inspection findings.
- Directs and supervises that work activities of staff in areas of responsibility; assigns and schedules all special projects as needed.
- Reviews staffing levels for the following day to ensure adequate staffing coverage.
- Confers with supervisor of next shift to communicate any outstanding issues and to report on overall conditions.
- Conducts training in HackensackUMCÂ¿s Environmental Services cleaning policies and procedures for new hires and incumbent staff.
- Tracks and ensures completion of all required learning requirements of all direct reports.
- Works with appropriate HUMC departments and leaders to deliver all assigned projects.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical CenterÂ¿s Organizational & Managerial Competencies.
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- Previous housekeeping experience is required
- Previous housekeeping supervisory experience is preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.