Sup, Customer Service, North
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Sup, Customer Service in the northern region of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) under the direction of the Regional Customer Service Manager, supervises the daily collection operations of the Patient Accounting Department including all self-pay accounts and their life cycle with all connected aspects such as collection activities, customer service, and referral to outside agencies as bad debt. Assists the Regional Customer Service Manager in reviewing all collection efforts and outside collection agency relations as well as assists in all duties which guide the management of self-pay accounts and the call center within the business office. Duties include but are not limited to the management of applicable staff and outside agencies in an effective manner and observing all applicable policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Sup, Customer Service at Hackensack Meridian includes:
- Handles supervision of all payment plan activity for the Northern Region, including Commerce HSF and in-house plans for the patient accounting department and coordinates all procedural operations of all related operational requirements.
- Monitors productivity of Matrix reports from the phone system on a daily basis and is responsible for performance reporting.
- Handles responsibility for reports generated by the Patient Accounts management and is responsible for payment, adjustments, and credit balance reports to ensure proper reconciliation.
- Monitors daily self-pay dashboards for the Northern Region.
- Monitors WQs for the Northern Region to ensure accounts are being worked timely.
- Acts as primary liaison with Department of Patient Experience for the Northern Region for Patient Accounting.
- Ensures all team members are properly trained in all applications required for proper job performance. This includes phone system, payment portals, and EPIC upgrades.
- Acts as primary liaison for The Board of Governors and specialty accounts to ensure accurate and timely resolution.
- Documents all efforts in the EPIC system for future retrieval.
- Ensures that all proper documentation as deemed necessary for collection is provided.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Business/Healthcare Administration/other related field or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in general customer service and/or credit and collections.
- Proficiency in computers.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Prior hospital financial experience.
- EPIC knowledge.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Take all required EPIC courses upon hire or obtain within 1 year of hire.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Take at least one Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) course upon hire or obtain within 1 year of hire.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.