Supervisor, Credit & Collections
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Supervisor, Credit & Collections in the northern region of Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) under the direction of the Regional Customer Service Manager, supervises the daily collection operations of the Patient Accounting Department including all self pay accounts and their life cycle with all connected aspects such as collection activities, customer service, and referral to outside agencies as Bad Debt. Assists the Regional Manager in reviewing all collection efforts and outside collection agency relations as well as assists in all duties which guide the management of self pay accounts and the call center within the business office. Duties include but are not limited to the management of applicable staff and outside agencies in an effective manner and observing all applicable policies and procedures.
A day in the life of a Supervisor, Credit & Collections at Hackensack Meridian Includes:
- Handles supervision of all the Bad Debt collection activities for the patient accounting department and coordinates all procedural operations related to all primary and secondary vendors for the Northern Region.
- Reviews and prepares accounts for write-offs to collection agencies, subsequent to exhaustion of all internal collection efforts.
- Monitors collection agency productivity on a monthly basis and is responsible for month end agency performance reporting.
- Handles responsibility for reports generated by the Patient Accounts management and payment, adjustments, and credit balance reports to ensure proper reconciliation. These reports are reviewed to assure all Bad Debt accounts are actively and correctly handled.
- Processes invoices from vendors and collection agencies, prepares check requests for payment, and validates that all agency recoveries are accurate and justified.
- Documents all efforts on the EPIC system for future retrieval.
- Supervises the resolution of collection agency and billing agency close-out reports and prepares Bad Debt summary reports for management on a monthly basis.
- Functions as liaison with primary and secondary collection agencies on specific accounts which also includes possible court appearances.
- Assists in preparing accounts for Bad Debt audits, which includes internal and external vendor audits for the Northern Region.
- Ensures that all proper documentation as deemed necessary for collection is provided.
- Works to completion, the acknowledgement, adjustment, write-off, and close-out reports for all agencies across the Northern Region.
- Processes all interrogatories, counter suits, credit cards, and settlement offers.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in general customer service and/or credit and collections.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Prior hospital financial experience.
- EPIC knowledge.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Take all required EPIC courses upon hire or obtain within 1 year of hire.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Take at least one Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA) course upon hire or obtain within 1 year of hire.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.