Student Nurse Externship Summer 2019 Hackensack campus
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Student Nurse Extern (SNE) provides direct patient care under the direction of the RN professional to all assigned patients, and maintains a safe patient area. He/she assumes responsibility and accountability for patient care as a team member in order to achieve established outcomes.
- Performs assigned components of assessment in an ongoing and systematic manner focusing on physiologic, psychosocial, and cognitive status.
- Performs data collection and documentation of I&O, vital signs, weights, and reports these and/or significant changes.
- Provides hygienic care, positions patients, pre/post-operative care, post mortem care, ambulating, and meals.
- Provides a safe patient environment by answering call lights promptly, communicating with the RN immediately for any change in patient's condition.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Working Conditions: Lifts a minimum of 5 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 10 lbs. and stands a minimum of 6 hours a day.
- You must be currently matriculated in a Board of Nursing approved BSN program to prepare for registered nurse licensure and be eligible to begin the final (senior) year of the respective nursing program.
- High school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) required. Current matriculation in a Board of Nursing approved program to prepare for Registered Nurse licensure required.
- Grade Point Average of 3.0 or higher strongly preferred.
- Ability to work varied days and varied hours.
- In order to be considered for this program, you must first complete your online application with resume and upload your transcript when creating your profile to apply.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.