Student Intern, University Relations and Workforce Planning
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
Location: Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ
The ideal candidate for this internship is a college student who is pursuing a career in healthcare recruitment and workforce planning after graduation. This internship would assist in all aspects related to the daily and weekly tasks performed by the university relations and workforce planning team, including but not limited to:
- Data collection and entry of various information and databases
- Verbal and written communication with wide variety of people, including Hackensack Meridian Health team members, college students, and university administration officials
- Assisting in preparation, execution, and evaluation of various events during the summer
- Scheduling of phone interviews with prospective applicants of various positions
- College student majoring in business, human resources, communications, or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and survey evaluation tools, such as SurveyMonkey
- Highly computer savvy; strong research and internet skills
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large-scale projects
- Strong time-management, organization, and coordination skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.