Student Intern, Research
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Duration of internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
- Under the supervision of a dedicated mentor, participate in investigator initiated research projects. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to screening/reviewing charts for eligibility, data entry, preliminary data analysis, conducting literature reviews, and supporting manuscript and presentation preparation.
- Interact with potential or enrolled research participants for the purposes of the research project.
- Work with team to support research initiatives across the department.
- Create, update and/or maintain related documentation.
- Comply with project timelines regarding the data collection, data analysis and dissemination of results.
- Attend research seminars and complete all necessary training.
- Enrolled in undergraduate or graduate program or holds an undergraduate degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, basic graphic tool preferred.
- Strong organizational abilities and attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.