Student Intern, Oncology Research Regulatory
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Duration of internship: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
- Organizes and maintains the regulatory binder; file essential documents, obtain signatures for delegation logs, training logs and other essential study documents.
- Assist in preparing regulatory binders for monitor visits, audits or site inspections.
- Participates in the regulatory review and preparation of clinical study documentation of all protocol amendments, ICF, Investigator Brochure and other administrative items to the IRB of record.
- Reviews and interprets IRB correspondence with the help of research team
- Assists in developing procedures to ensure regulatory
- Updates electronic databases for any study changes
- Performs other regulatory related duties as assigned.
- Current student with a hard science major (such as biology, chemistry, biochemistry, etc.)
- Ability to learn and comply with human subject research and GCP guidelines
- Familiarity with basic scientific principles and terminology.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage competing tasks and demands
- Strong attention to detail and customer service focus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service, organization, problem solving, time and task management skills
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.