Student Intern, Information Technology
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of internship: Summer 2019 (10 weeks)
Location: Hackensack University Medical Center in Hackensack, NJ
Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Review application support, system administration, system security, and system build
- Participate in system rollouts and support for go live
- Collaborating with team members, stakeholders and management to gather and validate requirements
- Developing user stories or scenarios to reflect practical application against the requirements
- Collaborating with IT team members and/or other interns as part of the solution design process
- Generating source code and/or supporting efforts to integrate products that will lead to enhancements or new capabilities for the project
- Collaborating with team members, stakeholders and management to demonstrate new capabilities and validate performance against requirements.
- Addressing issues, concerns or suggestions raised by stakeholders
- Current student with a Computer Science, Information Technology or similar major
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Customer service, organization, problem solving, time and task management skills
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2019. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
Our New Brand Commercial
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we are redefining how health and care come together. It all comes down to being a well-orchestrated team. Not sure what that means? Take a look at our new brand campaign to see how we’re taking care life years ahead.