Student Intern, HUMC Foundation Development
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Duration of Internship: Spring 2020
Location: 160 Essex Street, Lodi, NJ 07644
The ideal candidate for this internship is a college student who is pursuing a career in non-profit management, business, communications, marketing or related field. This internship will assist in various aspects related to the daily and weekly tasks performed by the Hackensack University Medical Center Foundation team. Some tasks may include (but not limited to):
- Assist on Tackle Kids Cancer related tasks including community events and partnership events, sports partnership events, 3rd party fundraisers and other special events and projects. Tasks to include but not limited to creating on-site signage, prepping and organizing event day materials, assisting with developing and tracking web and social media assets, managing event materials and branded items, invite and guest lists, team fundraising follow-up, and provide general logistical support.
- Manage social media calendar based on upcoming events, fundraisers or programs and draft social media content.
- Manage foundation inventory lists and update best practices in storage organization and inventory.
- Support data processing and operations team, learning the various areas of Foundation management and assisting on projects related to gift processing, account reconciliation and analysis, donor relations, integration of new giving and financial software for non-profits and assisting with updating systems.
- Support Annual Giving team on giving programs and events including DIY fundraisers, community 5Ks and engagement, direct mail appeals and employee engagement.
- Assist events team in the logistics, planning and on-site for a variety of fundraising and donor cultivation events.
- Coordinate general research on potential grant funders.
- Data collection and entry of various information and databases.
- Assist with various mailings including mailing list organization and collateral development support.
- Work with donor relations team to provide copy and edits to donor recognition pieces.
- Manage various projects as needed and provide general support.
- Lifts a minimum of five pounds, pushes and pulls a minimum of five pounds, and stands a minimum of one hour a day.
- College student majoring in nonprofit management, business, communications, marketing or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products, email and internet
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must
- Experience with exceptional interpersonal customer service (e.g., retail, hospitality, etc.)
- Problem solving, time and task management skills with strong attention to detail
- Must be a team player, willing and able to work with a variety of colleagues and donors
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate large-scale projects and think creatively
- Must be comfortable working under strict and often overlapping deadlines for a variety of projects
- External travel for off-site events, visiting event locations and between Foundation office and Hospital offices
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
This position is for education and training. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion, but you will be provided with a stipend.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.