Student Intern, Hackensack Alliance ACO
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Location: Hackensack, NJ
Duration: Summer 2020 (10 weeks)
- Direct communication with patients regarding scheduling/appointments
- Work with staff members in quality metric data collection
- Assist management in various projects
- College student majoring in one of the following areas: Health Administration, Public Health, Community Health, Human Services, Social Services
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Interest in population health, public health, social services, social determinants of health, case management, or care coordination
- Willingness to learn and an interest in personal and professional growth
- Ability to develop group spirit, loyalty and cooperation
- Dependable and responsible
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solver
- Organized, detail-oriented and capable of working independently
- Courteous, friendly, thoughtful and insightful
- Effectively take initiative; a self-starter
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Effective leadership skills and organizational skills
- Ability to function in a group, both as a leader and supportive team member
- Has effective program planning, implementation and evaluation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with HUMC staff and interns
- Cover letter stating reason for interest in this internship position to be submitted at time of application.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and this internship will be filled as soon as possible. Please submit your application to this position no later than March 31, 2020. You will be provided with an update within two weeks after that date.
This is a non-paid internship. This position is for education and training and you will not be entitled to wages. You will work under close supervision of existing staff and will be provided with learning opportunities throughout the internship. This internship does not entitle you to a job at its conclusion.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.