Stem Cell/Cell Therapy Data Coordinator
The Stem Cell Transplantation and Cellular Therapy Data Coordinator, knowledgably and skillfully navigates patients' records to collect the required data on all Stem Cell Transplant and Cellular Therapy candidates that are seen at Hackensack Meridian Health John Theurer Cancer Center's two locations. This role timely and accurately completes and submits all required forms on eligible patients to the Center for National Blood and Marrow Transplant Research (CIBMTR). Attends and supports Cancer Conferences and Hematology rounds.
- Prepares reports and assists with statistic preparation.
- Maintains regulatory requirements in accordance with CIBMTR guidelines.
- Assists manager in the preparation of all audits performed by various governing agencies
- Assures timely submissions of data, laboratory values, and query correspondences to all regulatory agencies.
- Works daily in collaboration with other Cancer Center team members including but not limited to Physician, Research Nurses, RN Case Managers, and employees of Hackensack University Medical Center and Jersey Shore University Medical Center.
- Reviews and verifies patient consent for CIBMTR research data submission.
- Organizes and prepares for all regulatory inspection, including Internal Audits, and Regulatory Audits.
- Compares schedule of events to Case Report Form (CRF) in order to correctly capture transplant specific data points on the CRFs.
- Records accurate data by completing electronic CRFs and maintaining data in an internal database.
- Resolves data queries accurately according to CIBMTR requests.
- Assists in maintaining a follow up program for the life of all required abstracts by reviewing hospital documentation, contacting physicians state offices and possibly patients for current follow up information.
- Enters this data into the required database program for further analysis.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to operate required software to perform job duties.
- Attends and assists in setting up on campus and virtual Hematology Cancer Conferences.
- Ensures regulatory rules and codes are maintained with essential patient records.
- Maintains timely patient follow-up by accurately reviewing the patient's electronic medical record and the Cancer Center Registry Database to complete follow-up and survival on CRFs.
- Through guidance and supervision uses the available resources including e-learning and CIBMTR training to continually maintain and improve their skills in analyzing the patients' medical records for each eligible patient by reviewing the patient history, physical exam, diagnostic test, staging, medical and nursing care to complete the required forms in accordance with industry standards and CIBMTR requirements.
- Prepares reports including but not limited to, transplantation logs which assists with institutional statistical analysis.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.). This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree (preferred degree in Science, Chemistry, Biology, Nursing) or minimum of 3 years extensive experience in cancer data abstraction that includes, case report form completion and regulatory reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in platforms such as, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, Google, etc.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.