Staffing Coordinator - Emergency Department Trauma -Full Time Days
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Staffing Coordinator under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Administrative Supervisor (AS), performs accurate review, modify and correct employee schedules, timecards, punches and exception schedules, for staff assignment to nursing units.
1. Plans, organizes and prioritizes tasks and schedule to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
2. Prepares, troubleshoot and resolve daily and future staffing and scheduling matters to maintain staffing guidelines to maximize the delivery of quality care and to minimize cost of patient care services.
3. Utilize and demonstrate in-depth working knowledge of interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling and staffing systems functionality in PeopleSoft, Clairvia, and Kaba.
4. Proficiency in Clairvia Scheduling System, PSOFT Time and Labor, includes the following tasks:
a. Approves all absence and work schedule requests submitted through Clairvia Web.
b. Posts and approves shift opportunities.
c. Generates new schedules and brings in absence requests.
d. Understands patterns and scheduling multiple jobs.
e. Corrects overlapping schedules.
f. Performs schedule edits and updates via Clairvia Client *Schedule and Daily Editor*. g. Ensures absences and schedule changes are in Clairvia by 12 pm on Pay Monday.
h. Performs Timecard edits, such as entering missed punches, shift overrides, cancelled meal deductions during the pay period in PSOFT Time and Labor.
i. Reviews and corrects all timecard exceptions during the pay period.
j. Reviews timecards to ensure all schedules loaded from Clairvia.
k. Reviews payable time for accuracy before timecard approval on Pay Tuesday in PSOFT Time and Labor.
l. Ensures all timecards are complete, without exceptions, by 1 pm on Pay Tuesday. 5. Utilizes technology (M/S word, outlook, excel) to maintains staffing files, reports, prepares data related to staffing and scheduling, audits, and documentation efficiently and accurately.
6. Performs ad-hoc tasks and projects as requested.
7. Assists in coordination of special projects.
8. Maintains up-to-date departmental manuals, meeting minutes and files.
9. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
10. Demonstrates ability to work with others to achieve and support the mission of the medical center including shared governance and the blue print of nursing.
11. Demonstrates accountability for professional development of self and peers, through formal and informal education and evaluation in collaboration with Learning and Performance.
12. Demonstrates effective communication skills therefore reducing barriers to communication for all staff.
13. Recognizes and responds to opportunities to promote and market HUMC. Lifts a minimum of 10 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 15 lbs. and stands a minimum of 1 hour a day.
14. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
15. Interact with customers particularly via phone, email department walk-ins.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. 2-3 years minimum of clerical experience.
2. Proficient in computer skills.
3. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as excel (pivot tables, vlookup and formulas, spreadsheets); word (mail merge, tables), outlook (email, calendars, tasks).
4. Maintains a high degree of accuracy with minimal errors.
5. Maintains notes to avoid asking repetitive questions. 6. Demonstrates active listening skills to accurately interpret employee and/or management inquiries.
7. Provides superior customer service through all types of interactions by maintaining a positive, friendly and patient attitude at all times.
8. Maintains confidentiality.
9. Applies effective problem-solving skills.
10. Strong attention to detail.
11. Excellent communication and time management skills.
12. Proactively implements measures to validate work.
13. Always provides outstanding customer service by answering calls in a friendly and positive manner, keeps 'hold time' to a minimum and caller informed, and resolves all inquiries in a timely fashion.
14. Keeps customers informed with frequent call-backs and updates on pending issues until resolution is completed.
15. Speaks clearly and confidently without hesitation.
16. Exceptional interpersonal skills (patient, articulate, friendly and positive).
17. Demonstrates a team player attitude and willingness to do whatever it takes to support the department's goals and vision.
18. Willing to work flexible hours.
19. Follows directions and instructions carefully.
20. Behaves in a professional manner at all times.
21. Develops individual goals that align with department and organization goals.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Proficiency in Clairvia Scheduling System.
2. Proficiency in PSOFT Time and Labor.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.