Staffing & Bed Placement Coord - Nursing Staffing Office - Part Time Evenings
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Staffing Coordinator under the direction of the Nurse Manager or Administrative Supervisor (AS), performs accurate review, modify and correct employee schedules, timecards, punches and exception schedules, for staff assignment to nursing units. The Patient Placement Representative assumes the responsibility for patient throughput & bed management by identifying patient¿s needs and utilizing the resources available to facilitate optimum bed utilization. Places the patient in the right bed at the proper level of care. Is aware of and abides by all policies, procedures and medical board rulings as they pertain to bed assignments/ unit functions. (Example: isolation, medication administration, level of care, etc.).
1. Plans, organizes and prioritizes tasks and schedule to meet critical deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
2. Prepares, troubleshoot and resolve daily and future staffing and scheduling matters to maintain staffing guidelines to maximize the delivery of quality care and to minimize cost of patient care services.
3. Utilize and demonstrate in-depth working knowledge of interdepartmental and/or hospital wide computerized scheduling and staffing systems functionality in PeopleSoft, Clairvia, and Kaba.
4. Proficiency in Clairvia Scheduling System, PSOFT Time and Labor, includes the following tasks:
- a. Approves all absence and work schedule requests submitted through Clairvia Web.
- b. Posts and approves shift opportunities.
- c. Generates new schedules and brings in absence requests.
- d. Understands patterns and scheduling multiple jobs.
- e. Corrects overlapping schedules.
- f. Performs schedule edits and updates via Clairvia Client *Schedule and Daily Editor*. g. Ensures absences and schedule changes are in Clairvia by 12 pm on Pay Monday.
- h. Performs Timecard edits, such as entering missed punches, shift overrides, cancelled meal deductions during the pay period in PSOFT Time and Labor.
- i. Reviews and corrects all timecard exceptions during the pay period.
- j. Reviews timecards to ensure all schedules loaded from Clairvia.
- k. Reviews payable time for accuracy before timecard approval on Pay Tuesday in PSOFT Time and Labor.
- l. Ensures all timecards are complete, without exceptions, by 1 pm on Pay Tuesday. 5. Utilizes technology (M/S word, outlook, excel) to maintains staffing files, reports, prepares data related to staffing and scheduling, audits, and documentation efficiently and accurately.
6. Orders office supplies and maintains inventory.
7. Demonstrates ability to work with others to achieve and support the mission of the medical center including shared governance and the blue print of nursing.
8. Demonstrates accountability for professional development of self and peers, through formal and informal education and evaluation in collaboration with Learning and Performance.
9. Demonstrates effective communication skills therefore reducing barriers to communication for all staff.
10. Interact with customers particularly via phone, email & department walk-ins.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 2 to 3 years minimum of clerical experience.
3. Proficient in computer skills.
4. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as excel (pivot tables, vlookup and formulas, spreadsheets); word (mail merge, tables), outlook (email, calendars, tasks).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Associates degree in Healthcare Management.
2. Proficiency in Clairvia Scheduling System.
3. Proficiency in PSOFT Time and Labor.
4. Medical Terminology.
5. Ability to multi-task in a high stress environment.
6. 1 to 2 years as an Admission Associate.
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.