Service Agent, Visitor Parking
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Service Agent is responsible for providing round trip transportation for scheduled outpatient medical center appointments, recording all cash and coupon transactions for parking fees, assisting visitors, patients, and employees with vehicle or garage related issues, providing valet parking services in a safe and orderly manner, and maintaining accurate documentation for all transactions.
A day in the life of a Service Agen at Hackensack Meridian can be described as follows:
1. Welcomes, directs, and assists patients and visitors to the institution by proactively greeting them in a courteous fashion utilizing proper verbal and non-verbal communication.
2. Drives guest vehicles from Medical Plaza, Emergency Room, or JTCC to designated parking area of garages for valet parking and returns guest vehicles to proper location for guest pick-up when needed in a safe, timely, and professional manner.
3. Operates motor vehicles in adherence to all New Jersey motor vehicle laws for the safe and effective operation of valet parking.
4. Assists incoming and outgoing guests with wheelchairs and getting in and out of vehicles as requested.
5. Accurately documents all vehicle tag information, claim numbers, and key storage location.
6. Ensures vehicles are returned in the same condition with which they were received.
7. Works as a team in keeping staging areas clear and maintaining smooth traffic flow in and out of the parking areas.
8. Assists in emergency situations by directing emergency vehicles and maintaining traffic control as needed as well as traffic of pedestrians in walkway.
9. Investigates and reports accidents within parking valet areas and educates involved patrons on how to proceed regarding the damage.
10. Notifies both security department and supervisor in the event of any accident.
11. Transports outpatients between home and participating HUMC departments.
12. Completes daily Patient Pick Up Log and Fuel Log and returns to department as requested.
13. Maintains a clean and safe vehicle at all times, including gas, repairs, and maintenance as needed.
14. Processes revenue and non-revenue traffic exiting the parking garages.
15. Coordinates traffic flow between intersection of Link Drive and garage entrance as needed, as well as pedestrian traffic in walkways.
16. Monitors all register, card access, ticket spitted, and gate equipment and troubleshoots equipment malfunctions.
17. Verifies all garage cash deposits by staff and enforces cash/coupon procedures for delivery to security for deposit.
18. Collects wheelchairs and coordinates with the Information and Guest Services department for availability to Link lobby.
19. Cleans their workstations and surrounding areas at all times.
20. Completes risk reports for any event not consistent with routine operations of the facility (events may include patients, visitors, or volunteers)
21. Anticipates the needs of the patient population served in relation to their age, culture, language, hearing, visual impairment, etc., and provides customer service accordingly.
22. Completes all beginning and end-of-shift procedures to ensure consistency of service and submits to management as directed.
23. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 1 year automatic driving experience.
3. Standing, walking, visual acuity, manual dexterity and working in the outdoor elements.
4. Works every weekend, holiday, and flexible rotating hours.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
2. 1 year cashier experience.
3. 1 year standard driving experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.