Senior Research Technician, Infectious Disease
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Senior Research Technician, Infectious Disease will function under the supervision of an Mgr, Assistant Member, Mgr, Associate Member, or Dir, Member Scientist of the Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI). The employee will be responsible for assisting in the daily function of the laboratory and in conducting experiments. Research is related to drug discovery against multidrug resistant bacterial infections, mechanisms of antifungal drug resistance, studies of drug action at sites of infection, rapid detection of drug resistant bloodstream and respiratory pathogens in high-risk patients, and the application of small animal models for high-threat pathogens. The employee will play an active role in all of these efforts. Opportunity to become an integral member of a small productive leading edge research team.
A day in the life of Senior Research Technician, Infectious Disease at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Independently designs and performs complex experiments within an assigned project and reviews progress, evaluates results, and develops conclusions.
- Contributes to determining feasibility of goals and objectives.
- Assures quality, cost effectiveness, and timeliness of assigned projects.
- Participates in formulating research methods and suggesting options for improving quality and recommending solutions.
- Identifies problems and related technical issues and makes recommendations leading to long-term solutions.
- Performs data collection, screening, and verifying data.
- Analyzes experimental results and interprets and implements research methodology based on outcome of analyses.
- Manages specialized research laboratory functions.
- Collaborates with other departments to answer questions or provides advice on research projects and experiments.
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience.
- Meticulous record keeping to ensure the integrity of the data.
- Individual must be able to work independently and have strong work ethic.
- Experience working with animals.
- Required computer (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and organizational skills.
- Must be flexible in work schedule.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Master's degree.
- Experience working with animal infection models in infectious disease and working in a BSL2/BSL3 lab facility.
- Experience with small animal handling.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.