Senior Research Associate, Hematopoiesis
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a Sr Rsrch Assoc, Hematopoiesis position in the field of normal and malignant hematopoietic stem cell biology. The Sr Rsrch Assoc, Hematopoiesis will work independently and take responsibilities in the development and execution of experimental procedures to successfully advance research projects studying how the aging process effects cellular and molecular mechanisms that regulated hematopoietic niche interactions with hematopoietic stem cells.
A day in the life of a Senior Research Associate at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Discovers anti-aging therapies to preserve the blood and vascular system
- Develops of ex vivo platforms to expand bona fide blood stem cells, as well as leukemia stem cells.
- Develops novel animals models to test how modulation of hematopoietic niche cells promotes the self-renewal, differentiation, and leukemic transformation of blood stem cells
- Determines how the cellular and metabolic cross-talk between blood stem cells and its niche can be disrupted to promote age-related clonal hematopoiesis and ultimately lead to hematopoietic and vascular disorders
- Interprets the resulting data and prepare or contribute to initial drafts of scientific manuscripts, both as primary author for new projects and co-author for helping other lab members in completing existing projects.
- Creates reports from analysis of initial observations and conclusions.
- Presents experimental results at lab meetings, seminars, and national conferences.
- Handles complex issues and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Provides coaching and/or mentoring to postdoctoral associates, volunteers, medical students, and research technicians.
- Publishes results in reputable peer-reviewed journals.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- M.D. or Ph.D. degree in Biology or Biology-related area.
- Minimum 4 years of post-doctoral research experience or other applicable research experience in a qualified laboratory in academia or industry.
- Minimum of two peer-reviewed publications from prior work experience.
- Experience conducting and designing research projects.
- Experience working with animal models of hematopoiesis and leukemia.
- Possesses comprehensive knowledge of hematopoiesis.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic flow cytometry skills
- Basic immunofluorescent staining skills
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.