Senior Human Resource Generalist
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Senior HR Generalist supports implementation of HR services, programs and initiatives within assigned business units, including employee and labor relations, performance management, leader development, engagement, compensation, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, workforce planning, etc. Responsible for providing support to leaders and team members including administering employment policies and practices, researching and/or investigating concerns and making recommendations that promote positive team member relations. This includes conducting workplace investigations, counseling management with respect to federal, state and local EEO and other laws to ensure consistent interpretation and application of laws, policies and procedures. The Sr. HR Generalist recommends effective solutions for addressing workplace issues and corrective actions in accordance with personnel policy and applicable laws. This role performs required tasks and initiatives, following the guidelines and procedures established, maintaining appropriate documentation and records, and delivering service in a professional and efficient manner with prompt assistance to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction and an overall positive team member experience.
A day in the life of Senior HR Generalist for Site Operations at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Support implementation of all HR programs and initiatives within assigned business units in the area of employee and labor relations, organization development, talent management, performance management, leader development, engagement, benefits, wellness, talent acquisition, workforce planning and compensation. Includes consultation, training, administrative follow up, etc. as necessary.
- Support development and implementation of local strategic HR initiatives that support and enable business outcomes.
- Support, consult, coach and counsel frontline leadership in day to day management of team member and labor relations issues.
- Support, coach and counsel team members with performance and conduct issues.
- Develop and manage positive team member relations programs in collaboration with key stakeholders in order to keep a pulse on team member engagement and identify opportunities to continuously improve work environment. Includes workplace/climate assessments, active participation in team member events, rounding, participation on team member committees, etc.
- Lead internal workplace investigations and complaint/grievance process for assigned business units.
- Ensure compliance with HR policies and regulatory requirements for assigned business units.
- Labor Relations (where applicable): participate in labor management meetings, grievances, RFIs, training, etc.
- Manage local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Support team member leave of absence/return to work coordination at facility level.
- Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
- Adheres to HMHÂ¿s Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Human Resources Management or Business
- 5+ years relevant Human Resources experience.
- 3+ years experience in employee relations and conducting complex investigations.
- Experience with all facets of Human Resources, including knowledge of employee relations, talent management, benefit and compensation administration, and legal compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of local, state and federal laws and regulations governing employment.
- Effective leadership, team building, and change management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- HR certification.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.