Security Officer Dispatcher
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
All Security Officer Dispatchers will assume responsibility for the safety and well-being of patients, employees, physicians, visitors and Medical Center property. These responsibilities includes assignment of dispatcher post and the coordination of maintaining all calls, codes, and facilitating entries into the dispatching system. These responsibilities include continuous surveillance, reporting and documenting all incidents and remaining sensitive to the need for delivery of quality guest services and assistance to all persons visiting the Medical Center.
1. Provides information and assistance in a courteous, professional manner to officers, patient, visitor, employee, and guest. Ability to multitask in a high volume location and manage time accordingly. Dispatch staff to appropriate locations giving necessary information.
2. Completes radio checks, provides break schedule, and facilitates all questions or concerns accordingly to the Senior Officer or Supervisor Level I on duty. Handles and responds to multiple incoming phone lines, as well as, multiple radio channels including buses, maintenance, and disaster.
3. Ability to handle computer programs hosted in the dispatch center including but not limited to the infant abduction system, fire safety system, HERN radio, access control system, and security dispatch system accordingly.
4. Upon arrival and notification of Medivac/Helicopter landing, make proper notifications, dispatch staff accordingly, complete proper documentation, and assign offers for incident report.
5. Makes continuous patrols throughout the Medical Center to observe and take corrective action regarding violations and detrimental conditions related to security and safety of patients, visitors, employees and property.
6. Responds to calls for security assistance by any person within the Medical Center and takes proper action including response to a Code 76, Code Red and Code Yellow. When assigned to the Emergency Trauma Dept., provides continuous coverage of the Emergency Room area, controlling access to the area and assisting patients and visitors.
7. Controls visitor access to patient units, check visitors passes and patrols nursing units during visiting hours to enforce visiting and no smoking regulations. Controls all vendor access and enforces the pass policy. Maintains and controls access to all facilities owned or operated by Hackensack University Medical Center. Expedites and ensures safe flow of traffic through the Medical Center parking lots. Conducts preliminary and/or detailed investigations of all unusual occurrences falling under the realm of security matters.
8. Provides escorts to employee and visitor vehicles as requested within jurisdiction. Reports for duty in clean and complete Medical Center issued uniform, including photo identification badge and security officer breast badge. Makes continuous inspections of outer buildings, grounds, and parking lots.
9. Inspects all packages leaving the Medical Center when necessary.
10. Prepares and submits computerized security incident reports before end of shift.
11. Completes and submits a daily activity log at completion of tour of duty.
12. Maintains all departmental security equipment in good operating condition and reports all damage immediately to supervisor.
13. Always keeps Security Supervisor, Senior Officer informed of all matters pertinent to safety and security conditions.
14. Abides by all Medical Center Code of Conduct regulations and departmental procedures and policies including parking regulations.
15. Will complete all in-service training, lectures and programs as assigned.
16. All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
17. Attend all mandatory meetings (departmental or special).
18. Ability to work in a quick paced, high volume atmosphere.
19. Will be required to perform duties as assigned by Management and required to carry out emergency duties when necessary.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Must be able to read and write English.
2. Must be High School Graduate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Previous experience as Security Officer, Law Enforcement experience or driver desired.
2. Previous dispatching experience desired.
3. At least two years of College credits preferred.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
1. Valid Driver's License from a USA state.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.