- Requisition # 2024-142023
- StatusFull Time with Benefits
Our team members are the heart of what makes us better. At Hackensack Meridian Health we help our patients live better, healthier lives — and we help one another to succeed. With a culture rooted in connection and collaboration, our employees are team members. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how we support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we keep getting better - advancing our mission to transform healthcare and serve as a leader of positive change.
Coordinates the scheduling of procedures and appointments, updating transplant clearance checklists, obtaining Prior Authorizations for testing and medications, entering outside lab results in EMR for physician/clinical transplant coordinator review according to the policies and procedures, to meet the needs of the patients, physicians, clinical transplant coordinators at Hackensack University Medical Center.
A day in the life of a Scheduling Coordinator, Transplant at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Promotes the facility mission, vision and values by effectively communicating them to others.
- Considers mission, vision and values in developing services, standards and practices.
- Considers priorities and special needs of the patient, physician, and the organization or clinic when scheduling appointments and procedures.
- Assists Clinical Transplant Coordinators with scheduling patients for all studies required for pre, post, and living donor transplant appointments.
- Schedules procedures according to policies, nursing and department staff availability, patient needs, and physician¿s block time.
- Assists Manger, Organ Transplant in coordinating clinic schedule assessing time and equipment availability, identifies conflicts and adjusts schedule as needed.
- Assists Manger, Organ Transplant in maintaining monthly on-call schedules for Transplant team (physicians and nurses).
- Coordinates outside clinic visits with internal schedules.
- Ability to run, pull and analyze data as needed for administrative use.
- Ability to scan records into EMR, retrieve records, schedule and reschedule patients, and perform appointment reminder calls.
- Assists front desk staff with updating schedules as needed and communicates with providers and staff as needed.
- Assists front desk staff to accurately prepare the schedule for timely distribution.
- Send out provider letters, candidacy letters, and patient communication letters as required by CMS.
- Follows procedure for notification of changes in the schedule (e.g. cancellation).
- Maintains and protects each patient¿s right to confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA guidelines.
- Answers telephone and intercom courteously.
- Assumes clerical and other administrative duties and responsibilities as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- High School diploma, general equivalency diploma (GED), and/or GED equivalent programs.
- Medical terminology with good customer service.
- Willingness to be crossed trained to other areas.
- Organizational skills.
- Exhibits the ability to work under pressure and use their independent judgment with respect to scheduling conflicts.
- Solid working knowledge with Microsoft/Google office programs including Excel/Sheets.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of nursing, administration, and physicians.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Associate's Degree.
- Transplant experience.
- Regular contact with nursing staff and leadership, medical staff, medical center leadership, network quality and safety leadership, non-nursing personnel, patients and visitors.
If you feel the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.
Start ExploringSee the area you’ll be working in and get an idea of what your daily routine around the office can be like. Learn More
Awards We’ve Received
US News & World Report 2023
- HUMC - #1 Hospital in NJ & #5 in NY Metro Area
US News & World Report 2023
- Joseph M. Sanzari Children’s Hospital - #1 Children’s Hospital in NJ
US News & World Report 2023
- JSUMC - #6 Hospital in NJ
2023 & 2022 Magnet Designations
for 9 HMH Institutions
Newsweek 2022 Best Hospitals USA
- HUMC - #57
Newsweek 2022 America’s Best Addiction Treatment Centers
Blake Recovery Center at Carrier Clinic - #2
Diversity Inc. 2023
Top Hospital and Health Systems
Becker’s Hospital Review 2022
- Top Places to Work in Healthcare
JOBS FOR YOU
You have no recently viewed jobs
Medical Assistant-Oncology Medical SpecialistHMH PHYSICIAN SERVICES, INC. Avenel, New Jersey
Security Officer- FTHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
Intake Specialist- Per Diem- EveningHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
House Supervisor- Behavioral Health- P/T, E/O WeekendHMH CARRIER CLINIC INC Belle Mead, New Jersey
WE KEEP GETTING BETTER
At Hackensack Meridian Health, we help our patients live better, healthier lives – and we help one another succeed. Here, competitive benefits are just the beginning. It’s also about how our team members support one another and how we show up for our community. Together, we’re ready to transform health care and advance our mission to serve as a leader of positive change.
From roles that are right for you to new opportunities, join our talent community and stay up to date with job openings and more.