Scheduling Coordinator - Cardiovascular (Physician Practice)
How have you impacted someone’s life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our healthcare teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career all within New Jersey’s premier healthcare system.
The Scheduling Coordinator schedules appointments for the patients following the policy, procedure and guidelines of the department.
A day in the life of a Scheduling Coordinator at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Schedules patients.
- Requests and retrieves medical records and pathology reports from HUMC, other hospitals, clinics, or physician's offices.
- Enters computer data to ensure integrity of patient history and appointment files.
- Identifies the needs of the patient population served and modifies and delivers care that is specific to those needs (i.e., age, culture, language, hearing and/or visually impaired, etc.).
- This process includes communicating with the patient, parent, and/or primary caregiver(s) at their level (developmental/age, educational, literacy, etc.).
- Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
- High school diploma or equivalent Required
- Proficient in computer skills Required
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.