Respiratory Therapist (RRT or CRT) Full Time, Part Time and Per Diem Available
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
A day in the life of a Respiratory Therapist at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Assists in the diagnosis, treatment, and management of all patients with pulmonary disorders in both critical and non-critical areas pursuant to a prescription of a licensed physician.
- Performs cardiopulmonary evaluation, monitoring, respiratory therapy treatment techniques, respiratory procedures and patients and family education.
- Responsible for the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data obtained from physiological specimens, performing diagnostic tests, studies and research of the cardiopulmonary system and neurophysiological studies related to respiratory care.
- Administers and/or monitors medical gases, mechanical ventilation support, artificial airway care, bronchopulmonary hygiene, pharmacologic agents related to respiratory care procedures, and cardiopulmonary rehabilitation related and limited to respiratory care.
- Utilizes the application of scientific principles for the identification, prevention, remediation, research, and rehabilitation of acute or chronic cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
- Administers therapeutic Respiratory Care procedures and sets up related Respiratory Care equipment as prescribed by the physician.
- Records all pertinent information of provided therapeutic procedures and patient response in the HUMC electronic medical record system, EPIC.
- Sets up, verifies proper function, operates and monitors all invasive and non-invasive respiratory equipment on patients in need of respiratory assistance.
- Participates in the management of patients on life support systems by recommending and performing appropriate changes based on blood gas results and weaning studies.
- Responds to and participates in all emergency and trauma codes.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Care program.
- Associate degree.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all clinical aspects of Respiratory Care.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelors of Science degree.
- 2. One year of experience.
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Respiratory Care Practitioner License.
- 2. Registered Respiratory Therapist Certificate.
- 3. AHA Basic Health Care Life Support HCP Certification.
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program.
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support Certification
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.