Research Technician, Mycobact Infectious Disease
The Hackensack Meridian Health Center for Discovery and Innovation (CDI) is offering a position for Research Technician in the field of mycobacterial infectious diseases. The lab is interested in studying the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamics properties of both existing anti-tuberculosis agents and drug discovery compounds using a combination of in vitro, ex vivo and in vivo techniques. The successful candidate will have a strong interest in bacterial infectious diseases. The candidate will perform in vitro experiments with mammalian cell cultures and mycobacterial pathogens. The candidate is expected to understand the project, execute experimental procedures, troubleshoot problems and identify new techniques to successfully advance the research project. The successful candidate will participate in the preparation of data for progress reports and internal project reviews. The candidate is anticipated to be enthusiastic and have a team-oriented mindset.
1. Performs general laboratory functions.
2. Maintain and manipulate mammalian cell lines.
3. Test drug discovery compounds in a range of in vitro assays.
4. Assists the Sr. Research Technician/Research Associate in designing and conducting mycobacteriology experiments.
5. Perform data analysis and interpretation.
6. Present results in internal project reviews.
7. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. BSc in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological/Biomolecular sciences, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
2. Minimum 1 year of experience handling mammalian cell cultures and/or bacterial cultures.
3. Organizational skills and problem-solving skills.
4. Good analytical and communication skills.
5. Must be flexible in work schedule. Must be available to occasionally come to the laboratory on a weekend day for a few hours or stay late in evenings for a given experiment.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. MSc in Microbiology, Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biological/Biomolecular sciences, or equivalent from an accredited institution.
2. Experience working in a BSL2/BSL3 lab facility.
3. Experience with quantitative analysis on liquid chromatography / mass spectrometry (LCMS) systems.
4. Experience with compound management and profiling.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.