Research Technician, ICID
The Research Tech, ICID will work in the Dr. Dartois' lab under the supervision of Dir, Member Scientist to perform research in the field of Cancer and Infectious Diseases (ICID). The Research Tech, ICID will perform HPLC-MS/MS Bioanalysis to determine the distribution of standard drugs and drug candidates in healthy and tuberculosis-infected tissues. The Research Tech, ICID will also be responsible for independent research projects, data reporting, ordering, laboratory set-up, and maintenance of lab instruments. Dr. Dartois' research explores the fate of anti-mycobacterial drugs and other antibiotics from plasma to tissues, infected organs and single cells. Her laboratory uses imaging mass spectrometry and laser-capture microdissection to visualize the spatial distribution of drugs at the site of infection. This research is used to facilitate the development of new drugs and multi-drug regimens for the treatment of drug resistant tuberculosis
1. Accurately follow HPLC-MS/MS bioanalytical methods to quantify standard drugs and drug candidates in various biological tissues from mice, guinea pigs, rabbits, non-human primates and clinical samples to support pharmacokinetic studies (PK).
2. Develop quantitative HPLC-MS/MS methods for the quantification of tuberculosis drugs.
3. Use laser capture microdissection and HPLC-MS/MS to define the quantitative spatial distribution of drugs in infected tissues and organs.
4. Explore new methods and instrumentation to advance the field of bioanalytical HPLC-MS/MS analysis.
5. Create novel formulation strategies and make routine drug formulations for tuberculosis therapeutics.
6. Perform qualitative analysis of biological samples for identification of unknown drug metabolites and mechanism of action studies.
7. Determine pharmacokinetic drug parameters using non-compartmental pharmacokinetics.
8. Manage the lab and electronic records, maintain existing instruments, order and set-up new instruments.
9. Prepare reports and create new report templates in MS Word and Excel to document laboratory results.
10. Adheres to the standards identified in the Medical Center's Organizational Competencies.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
1. Bachelor's in biochemistry, chemistry, analytical chemistry or pharmacy.
2. Minimum 1 year of relevant experience. Entry level candidates with analytical chemistry knowledge or hands on lab experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Hands on experience performing experiments or running assays in academic or professional lab.
4. Proficiency in both MS Word and Excel.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
1. Master's degree.
2. Hands-on experience with the use of HPLC, LC-MS/MS, and Orbitrap based LC-MS systems.
3. Knowledge of drug pharmacokinetics.
4. Experience in handling biological samples.
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.